Today I am going to write something which you require while upgrading your Sitecore EXM to Sitecore Email Campaign Manager 9XP. Below are some steps which you may need to check while upgrading.
- Make Sure that you have below all Email Campaign related items/Child’s from Sitecore 9XP Vanilla instance to your upgraded database, this means that you need to remove your items from the database which came from database upgrade add below items which are from the vanilla instance. Items from,
- Items from /sitecore/templates/System
- Items from /sitecore/templates/System/Analytics
- Items from /sitecore/system/List Manager
- /sitecore/system/Marketing Control Panel
- Items from /sitecore/layout/Renderings/System/Email
- Items from /sitecore/media library/System/Email
- Items from /sitecore/content/Email
- After this, you can add all your previous items as different packages in Email experience.
- Follow the steps from https://doc.sitecore.com/developers/91/sitecore-experience-platform/en/rebuild-the-xdb-index-in-solr.html
- Also, change sittings for EXM config related to SMTP. Follow https://techienikhil.wordpress.com/2019/07/13/working-with-exm-in-sitecore-9xp/
- Disable all custom pipelines written for EXM from App_Config folder or any entry created from the respective pipeline config file.
- Also, follow https://sitecorehacker.com/2018/12/26/automatically-resuming/ this if you get issues for Email sending.
Please do write your comments,
Thanks for browsing !!