Today I am going to share experience about how to use Razl tool for comparing Sitecore Databases.
To Start with this you need to download Razl from below link, one major thing is to keep in mind that Razl is paid software so keep your Product Key details ready to enter after installation.
Once you install the Razl tool make sure that you restart your machine. After restarting your machine you need to follow the instruction given in below link to connect your database from different Sitecore instances to compare. Basic think you need to take care is all instances of Sitecore should have proper configurations and instances should be running.
there is another way to connect and compare which is by a script which you can follow below.
Once you guys are able to open connection which you want to compare. You need to follow simple steps to compare and sync the databases.
- Open node one by one which has left or right or both arrow mark.
- Check if you required those items to be moved or not.
- If you find a gold star on the top end of the node name, that means it’s the latest item, and if the representation is on the side where your updating then no need to change. (Still, check)
- Make sure that while updating or transferring the item right click on the node and select all children item to avoid the issues.
- Sometime Razl doesn’t pick the child items, then it that case please check every node and get the items updated.
- Razl is only trusted tool after Sitecore packages to move Sitecore items from one version instance to another version instance of Sitecore.
- Once your data is migrated by Razl from one Sitecore version instance to another Sitecore version instance you can sync database with your TDS project and share it with the team for development purpose.
- With Use of Sitecore TDS and Raz, you can migrate Sitecore databases easily and share within the team, I already migrated Databases from Sitecore 8.2 to 9.1.1 which is a success story.
- Razl is not free software
- If you find any issues you can connect to Razl support via Email– firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write issues on below link.
Happy to Share
Please write your note or queries in a comment.
Thanks for Reading!!!