Today I am going to explain how we can enable profiler in Azure App Service. Below are the details to enable Profiler.
Enable Profiler for your app
To enable Profiler for an app, follow the instructions below. If you’re running a different type of Azure service, here are instructions for enabling Profiler on other supported platforms:
Application Insights Profiler is pre-installed as part of the App Services runtime. The steps below will show you how to enable it for your App Service. Follow these steps even if you’ve included the App Insights SDK in your application at build time.
- Enable “Always On” setting for your app service. You can update the setting in the Configuration page of your App Service under General Settings.
- Go to the App Services pane in the Azure portal.
- Navigate to Settings > Application Insights pane.
- Either follow the instructions on the pane to create a new resource or select an existing App Insights resource to monitor your app. Also make sure the Profiler is On. If your Application Insights resource is in a different subscription from your App Service, you can’t use this page to configure Application Insights. You can still do it manually though by creating the necessary app settings manually. The next section contains instructions for manually enabling Profiler.
- Profiler is now enabled using an App Services App Setting.