As per last blog of this series of Sitecore Manged Cloud concept we will start next topic which is Roles and Responsibilities in working with Sitecore Managed Cloud. Below are the roles involved in implementation of Sitecore Managed Cloud.
- Sitecore Partner
- Sitecore Customer
Now we will straight away move to responsibilities of each role in different streams.
Sitecore(Sales and Cloud Ops team):
once Sitecore sales team on-board you with below process there most of the work is done and and the only Cloud Ops team is the major contact point for you as Customer or Partner.
After setting up everything for you(Customer or Partner) access is given and then you(Customer or Partner) need to deploy your solution to the Sitecore Managed Cloud environment. There are few other responsibilities like below.
- Infrastructure Monitoring.
- Application Security.
- Proactive Infra incident notifications.
- Web app firewall configurations.
- Web app scale up process.
- Database backup service.
- Initial SSL configurations.
- Actions on infra suggestion.
- Security incident management.
- Activation and termination of cloud service .
- Process monitoring.
Sitecore Partner/Customer has many responsibilities like below.
- Deploy Solution on Sitecore Managed Cloud.
- Network: NSG and Firewall setup.
- Third party service connectivity.
- SSL configurations.
- Sitecore platform hotfix management.
- Custom domain setup.
- Sitecore version upgrade.
- Performance optimization
There are so many other responisiblities are there in this process for Customers/Partner and Sitecore, I have listed only the major ones. you can learn more at Sitecore Managed Cloud doc.
Hope above will help you, I will be continuing posting article for this series.