Earlier I shared a blog where we discussed working with Sitecore Managed Cloud.
Let’s directly get into the business this could be a series of blogs for Sitecore Managed Cloud, particularly divided into three parts.
- Capacity Management.
- Deploy on Managed Cloud.
We will discuss this introductory part in points as below.
- Sitecore Managed Cloud comes with two offerings same as Azure as follows.
- Standard: Sitecore provides customers with a base-level infrastructure hosting capability and basic product support with industry-standard uptime.
- Premium: Sitecore, in partnership with a third-party provider, delivers extensive coverage. This includes advanced infrastructure services for customers with more demanding operational support and security needs.
- Before implementing Sitecore Managed Cloud you need to work on below bullet points.
- Formal understanding of Sitecore Managed Cloud services offered.
- Sitecore Managed Cloud services catalog.
- Training on Sitecore Managed Cloud.
- A healthy understanding of Azure especially Azure PaaS.
- Understanding the RACI matrix.
- Understanding different behaviors on the Sitecore XP platform on Azure PaaS.
- Azure Search.
- Sitecore Managed Cloud comes with 6 different topologies as below.
- XP Single
- XP Scaled
- XM Single
- XM Scaled
- xDB Single
- xDB Scaled
- Working with topologies.
It is highly recommended that as a customer or Sitecore Partner you should decide infrastructure strategy(topology/tier) in consultation with the Sitecore Managed Cloud team. Because here Sitecore Managed Cloud team helps you to decide the topology and tier of infrastructure by getting details on a few predefined questions, this what they call capacity planning of Sitecore Managed Cloud. Here, in this case, the Sitecore sales team plays a crucial role to help for connecting everyone and get this decision done.
- What access and Permissions you will get.
- Full access a contributor to the Azure Platform.
- Full access to all Sitecore instance s and app services.
- Full access to deploy custom code.
- Support for XP, XM,xDB.
- Compatibility for On-Premises environments.
The last part of this introductory overview blog is training. There is a training available for both Customers and Partners, you need to follow below for getting started with training.
To enroll in Managed Cloud training,
- Go to sitecore.com
- For Customers, click Sitecore Training.
- On the Sitecore training and support page there are a number of training options available: