Today I am going to give you quick quick learning details about how you can setup default Culture of your Sitecore Application.
First question which will get raised why you want set this?(specifically in Azure PaaS and Sitecore Managed Cloud)
Answer to this question is now a days we host Sitecore application in Azure PaaS or any Other Cloud offerings where the actual Timezone and Culture is different. In this case the impacts will come to few part off your application where your using default culture settings in application globalization. Which means miss match of time/date formats etc.
Next question will be How we can fix it ?
So the answer is as below.
- Go to your Sitecore application.
- Open Web.config.
- Serch for below term. “<globalization”
- You will find a predefined setting with few attributes but you can set few more attributes like below to set default Culture of your application.
<globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8" enableClientBasedCulture="false" culture="en-GB" uiCulture="en-GB" />
- This setting is totally different than the Time Zone setting for Sitecore application.
- What I mean over here is even if you set Time Zone to the one which you want in Cloud still you will get issues with formats.
- So this settings will help all those issues in Sitecore.
- This settings is tested of in Azure PaaS and Sitecore Managed Cloud.